Monday, July 7, 2008

You are invited! July's Team Challenge

You are cordially invited to play, get more involved with the team, get inspired, share your talent, and take advantage of some free promotion!

EtsyVeg's monthly challenge theme has been unveiled, courtesy of the very thoughtfully expressive Celeste of
CricketsCreations: DESTASH!

Celeste suggested staying true to "reduce, reuse, recycle" and "getting a check on our consumerism mentality" by using up supplies we already have available instead of buying new ones, and by finishing projects that have been sitting on the shelf awaiting completion. In other words, create whatever you want to as long as you use supplies you already have on hand or simply finish a project that's been at a stand still. Posting these in your shop according to the guidleines below is all you have to do to enter!


Challenge Guidelines

~The challenge is meant to inspire, recognize, and promote team members and our shops and to raise awareness about vegan/vegetarian lifestyles & the rights of animals to live free of exploitation.

~Participation is open to any EtsyVeg team member. Members of CrueltyFreeEtsy and VeganEtsy are also invited to join (spread the word).

~Entry involves simply posting applicable items in your shop with the tag "destashchallenge" (all one word, and without the quotations) and "etsyveg team" (two words that all of your items should be tagged anyway!).

~Deadline for entry is July 31st.

~One entry per participant will be featured in the EtsyVeg blog at the beginning of August.

~Entrants will suggest possible themes for August to be voted on toward the end of July/early August.

~All team members (not just participants) are invited throughout the month of July to initiate forum threads about the challenge, make treasuries by doing a tag search for saladchallenge (again, all one word) and putting only those items in the treasury, or to generate other types of promotion. (If you do any of these, please let everyone know so that we can all post or click to keep it going!)

Happy creating- I'm sure with so much talent the team will turn
up some real treats! :)

6 comments:

Crickets Creations Handknit Scarves said...

I'm so excited about this challenge! I'm taking this opportunity to use up some of my "limited supply" yarn that I can't get more of. It's a wonderful feeling of closure, making something beautiful out of "potential" beauty. If that makes sense. ;)

silentlotus said...

Sorry for any confusion with the typos gang! I fixed them... :)

Emma's K9 Kitchen said...

Thanks for inviting Vegan Etsy! What a great challenge!!

Ultratrixie :: Sweetwolf.etsy.com said...

This is a great idea for a challenge, and perfect for me since I have about a bazillion unfinished projects and a plethora of supplies already....I have recently pledged to myself not to buy more supplies (which is pretty hard for me)---perfect timing! and this is my first time to participate...color me stoked!

Connie said...

I love this idea!! Way to go Celeste!!!

Hey Veggies!!! Come check out my blog and enter to win a free Dirty Footprints reusable grocery bag!!! Perfect for carrying all our delicious goodies in!! They are also the new items on my Etsy store too!

Peace & Love.

mvegan said...

Great idea! I'm in! ;0) I have sooo many supplies that need to be used up, I've been selling some at http://etsyforanimals.etsy.com and http://awbar.etsy.com to help the animals, but will also make something new w/them and tag ;0) Michele